Central Technical Supervisor – Debt Advice
Up to £30,000 per annum pro rata - depending on level of qualifications and experience
Full or part time (37.5 hrs/week, flexible working pattern)
Start date 4 January 2021
Fixed contract term to 30 November 2021
Debt Free South West (previously known as Money Advice West) is the South West’s leading independent free debt advice partnership. Our skilled advisers help over 6,000 people facing debt and poverty issues each year since 2006.
The roles are employed by Talking Money, the lead organisation within the partnership. Talking Money is a Bristol-based money advice charity providing free, independent, specialist debt and benefits advice, and general money guidance, information, and support to local citizens. We have a strong track record of providing training and consultancy to local voluntary, statutory and private sector organisations.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we anticipate a large increase in demand for debt advice, so we are recruiting 2 new FTE Technical Supervisors to support our partnership across the South West of England. This is a great opportunity for you to progress your career in an industry where you can make a real and positive difference to people’s lives.
These new and challenging roles are home based, working with advisers, clients and multiple agencies within our partnership with some travel to agencies in Bristol, Bath, Gloucester, Weston-super-Mare and Yeovil to advise and support clients on how to resolve all of their debt issues. Applicants should have a minimum of 2 years current or recent experience of providing debt advice.
Technical Supervisors will:
- Ensure delivery partners meet the service and delivery requirements as set out by the funder (MaPS)
- Provide day-to-day support to advisers and trainees as they provide debt advice to over-indebted clients that is accurate, effective and tailored to the client’s individual circumstances, in accordance with FCA regulations and guidance.
- Support and regularly audit delivery partner organisations, ensuring they are prepared for external reviews of their service in line with the quality requirements of the funder (MaPS)
- Undertake debt advice file reviews, interview observations and provide regular 1:1 supervision for feedback and training
- Support line managers in the development of advisers and the debt advice service
- Work with the Quality Manager and funder to monitor and improve the quality of debt advice within the partnership
Technical Supervisors will be expected to contribute to the team by:
- Working to an agreed work-plan
- Manage your own caseload whilst supporting advisers to manage theirs
- Being an active member of the partnership
- Complying with policies and procedures of Talking Money
CVs and covering letters are not accepted so please contact us for an application pack.
Closing date for applications is 11.59pm on 8th November 2020.
Interviews are planned for the week beginning 16th November 2020 and applicants should be available for a start date of 4th January 2021.