Quality Co-ordinator – Debt Advice
Up to £32,000 per annum pro rata - depending on level of qualifications and experience
22.5 hrs/week, flexible working pattern
Start date 4 January 2021
Fixed contract term to 30 November 2021
Debt Free South West (previously known as Money Advice West) is the South West’s leading independent free debt advice partnership. Our skilled advisers help over 6,000 people facing debt and poverty issues each year since 2006.
The role is employed by Talking Money, the lead organisation within the partnership. Talking Money is a Bristol-based money advice charity that provides free, independent, specialist debt and benefits advice, and general money guidance, information, and support to local citizens. We have a strong track record of providing training and consultancy to local voluntary, statutory and private sector organisations.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Debt Free South West is expecting a large increase in demand for free debt advice and so Talking Money is recruiting 1 new 0.6 FTE Quality Co-ordinator to support our partners across the South West of England. This is a great opportunity for you to progress your career in an industry where you can make a real and positive difference to people’s lives.
This new and challenging role involves working closely with the Quality Manager and Technical Supervisors to regularly audit our partnership organisations and monitoring and reporting on the quality of debt advice they deliver to clients. Applicants should have a minimum of 3 years current or recent experience of providing debt advice.
This role is home based working with multiple agencies in Bristol, Bath, Gloucester, Weston-super-Mare and Yeovil with some travel to agencies and within the UK.
The Quality Co-ordinator will:
- Undertake debt advice file reviews to establish, monitor and improve the quality of debt advice to ensure delivery partners meet quality requirements as set out by the funder, (MaPS), in accordance with FCA regulations and guidance.
- Compile data and identify areas for technical improvement and training across the partnership
- Work collaboratively within the Debt Free South West partnership to identify and share good practice
- Work with the Quality Manager, Project Manager and funder to implement and monitor quality improvement initiatives within the partnership
The Quality Co-ordinator will be expected to contribute to the team by:
- Working to an agreed work-plan
- Work in collaboration with our funder and partner organisations locally and nationally
- Being an active member of the partnership
- Complying with policies and procedures of Talking Money
CVs and covering letters are not accepted so please contact us for an application pack.
Closing date for applications is 11.59pm on 8th November 2020.
Interviews are planned for the week beginning 16th November 2020 and applicants should be available for a start date of 4th January 2021.