We are upgrading our membership system and ask you to be patient whilst we do this. In the meantime, content on this website is freely available for members. For current members, an email invitation will be sent to you in late March.
If you wish to join us, click here to find out the benefits of membership or email us on for more information. There are two membership plans available:
For non-statutory, not for profit organisations - for example, advice centres, law centres and Citizens Advice services. Full members have the right to vote on ACFA business or policy, such as at ACFA meetings and at our AGM. Eligibility criteria:
- Main work involves provision of free advice and information concerning people’s legal rights and obligations
- Full membership of a national advice network (eg Advice UK) or such other network (or have applied for membership of one)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- FCA or OISC registration if appropriate to area of advice given
- Equal Opportunities Policy reflecting current legislation
For statutory services, private companies / practice, educational establishments or other voluntary and community sector organisations and groups. For example, local authority services, private practice, university student advice, and voluntary sector information and support services. Affiliate members do not have the right to vote on ACFA business or policy, such as at ACFA meetings and at our AGM. Eligibility criteria:
- Provide free advice, information and/or legal services as part of what you do
- An appropriate legal structure, set out in a constitution or memorandum and articles of association, outlining the aims and rules governing the organisation;
- An Equal Opportunities policy, which reflects current Equalities legislation.
Costs for either membership plan
£100 per year, with 50% discount for organisational income under £250K (discount code provided during subscription process)