Main Purpose of Job
To work with the Advice Team Manager to effectively deliver specialist welfare benefits advice and casework and contribute to NBAC’s wider mission of providing services that support and strengthen the health and wellbeing of the communities we serve.
- To deliver specialist* welfare benefits advice and casework services by means of face-to-face (both at NBAC office and outreach locations), telephone and email appointments
- Prepare and present cases to the appropriate statutory bodies, tribunals and courts as appropriate
- Assist clients where necessary by calculating, negotiating, drafting or writing letters and telephoning
- Maintain accurate case records in our dedicated case management system
- Prepare for and attend supervision sessions/team meetings/management team meetings as appropriate.
- Provide case studies and feed into NBAC’s wide social policy work
- To work at all times within NBAC’s policies and procedures as detailed in the NBAC Staff Handbook and Office Manual.
- To undertake other reasonable tasks as required to ensure compliance with funding agreements/contracts and to assist in the running of the service.
- To ensure that the Equality and Diversity policy of the Centre is implemented in all aspects of the work of the post holder
- Keep up to date with legislation, case law, policies and procedures relating to specified area and undertaking appropriate training.
*Specialist welfare benefits advice - in accordance with agreed Quality Mark standards for welfare benefits advice.