People decide to volunteer for a variety of reasons as the following film from North Bristol Advice Centre's Youtube Channel so brilliantly demonstrates...
The enjoyment of meeting new people and the satisfaction of knowing that you're helping people - just two of the fabulous benefits of volunteering given by these lovely people in Lockleaze but there are many more.
It's an opportunity to:
- give something back to the local community
- make a difference to the lives of others
- feel valued and part of a team
- spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- gain confidence and self-esteem
Volunteering can also be an excellent way to improve your employment prospects:
- gain new skills, knowledge and experience
- develop existing skills and knowledge
- enhance your CV
Finally, there's plenty of anecdotal evidence that volunteering has a positive impact on health.
So what are you waiting for?
Use your skills, time and passion to help us make a difference. We’re keen to promote the same level of enthusiasm that we see in Lockleaze across the whole of our region.