PIP Appeals: Effective Representation
Personal independence payment (PIP) has been with us now for over 6 years and the body of case law is growing rapidly.
This one day course is aimed at experienced advisers to help you represent your clients at PIP appeals. It will provide an up-date on case law alongside tips and tactics to help you successfully represent your clients at PIP appeals.
You will have the opportunity to discuss how best to prepare and present appeals and a chance to share your experiences and ideas.
- An update on recent Upper Tribunal and Court decisions
- An analysis of caselaw relating to specific activities
- Discussion on evidence in the appeal papers and obtaining further evidence
- Tactics on representing at PIP appeal hearings
Jo Silcox has over 30 years' experience in welfare rights - providing advice, training and representation at both First-tier and Upper-tier Tribunals. Jo started her career at the CAB in Liverpool in the 80's. She has worked in the voluntary sector and for local authorities and she was the Social Security Law Caseworker at the Free Representation Unit for over 8 years.
Currently Jo works at; Harrow Law Centre where she represents clients at both First and Upper-tier Tribunals, and at the Money Advice Unit at Hertfordshire County Council where she undertakes case work and training. In addition, she is a freelance trainer in welfare benefits providing training for different organisations including CPAG and Refuge.
A light lunch of sandwiches, crisps and cake will be provided free of charge along with tea, coffee and biscuits during two breaks.
Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements during the booking process.
If for any reason you need to cancel the booking, the following cancellation fees apply:
- If you cancel more than 28 days from the course date a 50% charge of the course fee will apply.
- If you cancel less than 28 days from the course date you will be charged the full course fee.