Welfare Benefits Updater
The world of benefits is constantly changing and the government’s legislation is increasingly being put under scrutiny both from parliament and from challenges in the courts.
This one day course is aimed at helping advisers keep on top of those changes, and gives an opportunity to look at how they impact claimants and the advice we give, and to discuss tactics on how to manage the system as best as possible.
- ESA/PIP updates
- UC updates - migration, the SDP gateway, current problem areas
- Tax credit updates - the end of tax credits and overpayments passed to the DWP
- Pensioners and mixed age couples
- Miscellaneous court challenges
The day will be participatory with plenty of time for discussion.
Daphne Hall has been an editor for Rightsnet since 2014 and, before that worked as a welfare rights adviser for 25 years at Bristol City Council, Springfield Psychiatric Hospital and Citizens Advice Bureau. She is the vice-chair of the National Association of Welfare Rights Advisers and an author on CPAG’s Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook and on DRUK’s Disability Rights Handbook.
A light lunch of sandwiches, crisps and cake will be provided free of charge along with tea, coffee and biscuits during two breaks.
Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements during the booking process.
If for any reason you need to cancel the booking, the following cancellation fees apply:
- If you cancel more than 28 days from the course date a 50% charge of the course fee will apply.
- If you cancel less than 28 days from the course date you will be charged the full course fee.
|Event Date||04-03-2020 9:30 am|
|Event End Date||04-03-2020 4:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||08-11-2019 9:00 am|
|Cut off date||03-03-2020 12:00 pm|
|Individual Price||£100 - £200|